The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed by experts in English language assessment. The test assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication. IELTS is tested up to four times a month in over 1,000 locations across the world.
IELTS tests all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. The IELTS Speaking test is a face-to-face interview with an examiner and is as close to a real-life situation as a test can get.
What is IELTS?
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is either internet based test (IBT) or paper based test.
- IELTS is an English language test jointly managed by Cambridge ESOL examinations, IDP and British Council.
- Official website of IELTS is www.IELTS.org
- IELTS academic is primary for all international students to study and IELTS general is for immigration visa applications.
- Most universities and employers in UK, Australia, New Zealand as well as few in usa also accept IELTS.
IELTS tests the student’s ability onreading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
|Listening||4 sections 10 questions each||40 Mins|
|Reading||3 comprehensions 40 questions||60 Mins|
|Writing||Two essays||20 Mins and 40 Mins|
|Speaking||Intro, extempore, discuss||4-5 Mins each|
- IELTS is scored on 9 points and total duration of the test including check in is 3.5 hours
- IELTS academic or general test fee is rs.12650/-.
- IELTS score is valid for 2 year and is conducted 48 times in a year.